Monday, October 11, 2010

Michael Carney


Michael Carney
@02646896
On this day of class I was very excited to hear about the upcoming lecture. In class our speaker was Dr. Alton B. Pollard III. Dr. pollard is currently the Dean of Howard’s School of Divinity. He spoke about religion and the definition of a religion. For me religion is a key aspect of my everyday life. Dr. Pollard referred to faith which helps me choose and to  think about everyday decisions. Dr. Pollard explains religion as a spiritual belief that varies by culture and region. In addition I believe faith is a huge factor in every single religion. In my point of view religion describes you as a person and your beliefs in a particular religion. In my opinion every religion believes in some kind of higher power, furthermore all of theses religions can be compared as a whole. Dr. Pollard soon talked about slavery and the hard labor contributed with there work. Also he played a famous song by the Ojays called " ship ahoy". The explained slaves traveling through the ocean of the slave trade. I’m glad that Dr. Pollard came and spoke to the class as a whole. Many students forget about there religion an faith contributed with it. School of Divinity is very popular on campus and I thank Dr. Pollard for furthering my interest with faith and particular religions. The African American community needs to be more involved and understand the exact meaning of Christianity. I thank Dr. Pollard to help me define myself as a Christian and the true meaning of Christianity. Many Universitys dont include a schoolfor religion and those majors and I thank Howard.

particularly

No comments:

Post a Comment